Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 15 small energy balls
I have never met an energy ball I didn’t like. It’s true! Not one. I love them ALL and this recipe is no exception. It was inspired by National Macaroon Day and I’m so happy this blend of chocolatey sweet & saltiness turned out. If you’re anything like me and enjoy a little sweet nibble post dinner or as an afternoon ‘pick-me-up’ then add this little treasure to your weekly shopping list. You will NOT be disappointed!
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut + extra for coating
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and process until mixture is just combined and sticky enough to press together.
- Scoop with a cutlery tablespoon and form into (a little less than) golf-ball sized balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.