Total Time: 8 minutes
Makes: 1 extra large, 2 medium or 3 small
To keeps thing real, most of my smoothies are a combination of what’s in my freezer and my smoothie bin. Yes, I have a smoothie bin! Smoothies, while simple on paper, aren’t always super fast to make. Especially if your fridge, pantry, and “everything else” cupboard aren’t close together. So, I have a smoothie bin where I keep all my non-refrigerated items. Think: hemp seeds, maca, collagen peptides, greens powder and cacao. It is just so much easier to have everything in one place! Then, usually, I toss a little of this and that and away we go!
This recipe however, is not a toss-whatever-together. I was inspired by the season and how refreshing piña coladas are on a hot summer day, and spent some time in the kitchen until I found ‘just-the-righ’ combination of ingredients. The smoothie is sweet and creamy with just the right amount of lime. It is best served right away with a cute umbrella or a few flakes of coconut!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/4 cup frozen chunks)
- Handful baby kale (fresh or frozen)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (in a carton, not can)
- 1-2 tbsp. coconut butter (not coconut oil)
- 1-2 tbsp. collagen peptides (omit if following a vegan diet)
- Lime juice, to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender or bullet until creamy in texture & all the greens are mixed. (*You may need to blend for 2-3 minutes).
- Serve immediately + enjoy!