Total Time: 5-7 minutes
Makes: 1 extra-large, 2 medium, or 3 small servings
Confession – I used to force myself to eat protein shakes. I didn’t like the taste of them, and truth be told, they didn’t serve my body well. It wasn’t until I really started to dive into the world of whole foods that I realized smoothies were delicious and left me feeling satisfied, nourished and my brain alert -> the opposite of protein shakes which often left my blood sugars unbalanced and my body feeling weak. Plus, I’m on a strong mission NOT to make or eat different meals than my kids; because, who in the world has time for that?! So for the most part, I eat what they eat and vice versa (minus some adaptogens and superfoods that might not be suitable for their little bodies just yet).
This smoothie has become an absolute fave! It’s delicious and jam-packed with all the “good-for-you-things” such as: vitamin C and fibre (mango), folate, magnesium and vitamin A (spinach), healthy mood and hormone balancing fats (avocado), gut-friendly + skin enhancing protein (collagen) + more. Plus, it’s delicious and super fun to say!
Just ask your kiddies if they want a “mango tango” and chances are they will jump up and down and scream, “YES!” One last thing – this recipe makes 1 extra large smoothie … as in massive! I like to divide it into 3 servings, one for me and one for each of my two kiddos. So what are you waiting for – add these ingredients to your grocery list and get ready to “tango!”
- 1 heaping cup of frozen mango
- 1 large handful of baby spinach (frozen works too!)
- ¼ – ½ avocado (frozen works again!)
- 1-2 tbsp. collagen peptides (omit if following a plant-based diet)
- 1-2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- Coconut water, to taste and texture (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice (optional, but highly recommended)
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender or single shot + blend & enjoy!