Total Time: 15 Minutes
Taco salad is one of my all-time FAVORITE meals! I mean, who doesn’t love a good taco? Like most things, I try to “healthify” whatever I can and therefore prefer a varied version in place of the more traditional taco salad variety! Insert, mason jar taco (less) salads. You can make these puppies super healthy without skimping on flavor! I like to add roasted chickpeas or organic stone-ground tortilla chips on top to add a little crunch! Truthfully, I don’t think I ever make this salad the exact same way twice. From a nutrient perspective, this salad is amazing – tons of veggies, fibre, healthy fats, and protein (if you add some on top). Plus, anything in a mason jar is pretty! Right?! And who else enjoys their food MORE when it’s appealing to the eyes?! I know I do!!! P.s. you’ll notice this recipe does not have exact measurements. That was on purpose! Add whatever you want in whatever quantity you desire! You really can’t go wrong here!
- Mixed greens (any variety)
- Cucumber, diced
- Bell pepper, any variety chopped
- Red onion
- Optional: corn, pico de gala, jalapeños, etc.
- Add-ons: Organic raw cheese, tortilla chips, roasted chickpeas, high quality sour cream, etc.
- Wash & dry mason jars, if you’re using them.
- Layer in the taco ingredients of your choosing.
- Serve with stone ground tortilla chips, and toppings of your choice (guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, etc.)